Wednesday 14 March 2012

hello spring

An unseasonably warm 80 degree day today…pretty fantastic if you ask me. I’m officially done with [pseudo] winter. If it’s going to be summer weather, the warmer temps better stay. Can’t wait to spend more time here…

IMG_0726

This weekend Dave and I attempted to duplicate the Mediterranean veggie sandwich made by a certain bread company. I have to admit that he did most of the work, baking bread and blending pesto. I chopped veggies…and ate.

1] Things started with homemade tomato basil bread

IMG_0717

2] And lots of chopped veggies: red onion, tomato, and cucumbers.

IMG_0715

3] Basil pesto: the pesto was amazing. Incredibly excited for more farmers’ market fresh basil.

IMG_0723

4] Final product: it didn’t taste exactly like Panera’s version; I actually thought it was much fresher (there’s also a sprinkling of feta cheese in there).

IMG_0724

My sister is also here on her last spring break ever. We are going to eat vegetarian food and ice cream (it all balances out, right? right??) and probably yoga. I’ve been doing this yoga podcast almost every morning before work, and it’s pretty nice to start out the day in a de-stressed fashion.

IMG_0728

Do you have a famous dish that you’ve tried to recreate on your own? Success or not?

0 

ps. wheatgrass post is still forthcoming. and so is a new little series i’m pretty excited about…