Sunday 23 May 2010

this weekend's cooking

As you can see by my recent posts, I had some fun in the kitchen this weekend even though I didn't spend too much time in there as it was a good outside weekend. I don't want to spend much time in the kitchen this week as I have lots of work to do, and I wouldn't mind playing too, though work will probably win out, unfortunately.

So I made a big pot of bean "soup" to take care of my cooking needs for the week. I will still be making lunch for Marilyn (house mate) and Kenny (work collaborator), but I'll still save time by not doing additional cooking for myself. I plan to make micro-salads in the morning divided into 3 portions for brekky, lunch and dinner. That plus beans at lunch and dinner, plus whatever fruit I want to add should take care of me. I made a yummy fruit salad today. I'm addicted to the cheap strawberries we're getting right now.

I also made salsa and guacamole for Marilyn, and a nice easy veggie soup made with potatoes, canned tomatoes, peas, corn, onion, herbs, and ground sunflower seeds. This cooked up real quick in the pressure cooker. The soup is not as nutritious as Dr. Fuhrman likes (because of the potatoes) so I think I won't post it here. I think I can remember for next time.