Monday 6 December 2010

snow

Winter, I am so not ready for you. I was spoiled living in St. Louis last year…barely any snow at all. This week has been interesting exercise-wise, starting with a frosty 10 miler and ending with my first zumba experience, which was pretty fantastic. Not exactly like my floor routine days as a gymnast but great exercise to fun music.

100_6888

My feelings on snow: as a Michigander, I’ve grown up shoveling it, driving in it, throwing it…so running in it is no big deal. Thanks to the jokester who offered me a ride, though [seriously?! I am hardcore unless a tornado is coming down the street].

DSCF4872

Great responses to 12 days of giving! I’m really excited to feature some fantastic and very worthy causes during the holiday season, and I’m glad that so many of you are also committed to giving [also looking for a few more, so email me {healthnut.em@gmail.com} if you have ideas].

12 days of giving logo copy

Day 2: Seeds for a family…

Giving doesn’t always have to be local. I think it’s nice to think globally, especially since the US provides more government support than many other countries.

_MG_1440.JPG

For $17, you could provide seeds for an entire family! I think it’s really fun to give gifts like clean water ($25), a share of a sewing machine ($25), or 5 fruit trees ($30) in a friend or family member’s name. World Vision International will send a card to your recipient which gives more detail about their gift. Check out their website for more great gift ideas!

My coping strategies of choice related to < 30 degree weather and snow:

DSCF4880

…tea, reading, and pumpkin chocolate chip scones [thank you, mama pea].

0

p.s. congrats to Stonyfield giveaway winner Megan D! Please email me {healthnut.em@gmail.com} with your deets!