Thursday 14 April 2011

you know you’re in hipsterville when…

There are more coffee shops than car dealerships.

IMG_1103    

You share the road with a cyclist 95% of the time.

PR_kirkwood_0928

There are restaurants like the Owlery (nod to Harry Potter), an all vegetarian eatery filled with kitschy owl decor.

IMG_1101

Your sister and friends aren’t at all intimidated by eating a completely vegetarian meal. And they actually enjoy it.

IMG_1105

Your waiter thinks veggie sandwiches are awesome (almost as awesome as his man-pris).

IMG_1109

Drinking bacteria is perfectly normal.

IMG_1115

I can’t believe it’s almost the weekend again…this week has been pretty crazy so far. I visited my sister in Bloomington, IN last weekend, and it was fantastic. I enjoyed hanging out with all of the artsy writers, dancing to bad music, running outside, and sitting in the park after sunset eating ice cream with the twin while chatting about life (obviously we are ridiculous…see photo below for reference). I may have eaten ice cream twice in one day. But it was 80 degrees, so cut me some slack.

photo (1) 

Back home this weekend to hear On a Wire, a piece by Jennifer Higdon co-commissioned by the West Michigan Symphony. I played a couple of her pieces for wind symphony at Ohio State, and she writes pretty amazing stuff. I also love her philosophy about music…that it is best when shared with others.

Happy Weekend!

0