Saturday 4 August 2012

freezing fruit

I don't know why I never thought of this before.  It's only for a short time of the year when we get a lot of fresh local fruit in Wisconsin.  Today the farmer's market had watermelon (seedless yellow dal), cantaloupe, blueberries and peaches.  And they were all as good as it gets.   Tonight I was concerned that I would either have to eat a lot of fruit the next 2 days or it would go bad.  Then I realized I could freeze it.  So I cut it up into a big bowl.  There was a lot of liquid so I realized freezing it into one big bag would make it hard to chop off an individual serving so I dished it out into single serving bowls.   I'll put these in my morning cereal every morning!   My morning cereal has been buckwheat lately.  I'm thinking of trying oat bran and corn grits this week.