Thursday 8 August 2013

Latest Obsessions

Hey All!

It's Friday! It's the end of a good week and the start of an even better weekend. I am going camping with some friends and I'm super excited. My friend who is organizing it is calling it "Gay Camping" because of the 10-15 people going, I am the only straight one. I told my friend I would work on my "lesbian lingo" so that I would blend in. Haha. The LGBT community has so much of their own slang, that sometimes when I am around them I have no idea what they're talking about! Chapstick or lipstick? ;)

Anyway, as a fun end to the week, I thought I would just list some of the things that I have been obsessed with lately and call it a day. Sound good?

Nuts

A former fear food and something I only started buying at the beginning of this summer, nuts have quickly become one of my favourite snacks. My favourites?

In-shell peanuts...

These are fun to break open and somehow the nut just tastes better when you have to work for it ;)

And hickory smoked almonds...

Mmm... so smokey, so crunchy...

Extra matcha green tea lattes with SF vanilla instead of classic syrup

I was too excited to snap a pic before I started drinking it, so here you go.

This is my favoruite treat from Starbucks. I get extra matcha for the "oomph" it adds and the vanilla syrup is so much better than classic. Try it!

These pitas


These are one of my favourite things to take to work. They have 10 grams of protein in them and a whole bunch of fibre too, so they are really filling. I like the protein content because even if I don't end up having a super high protein filling, they still satisfy me. They are also great toasted with cream cheese!

Kettle bell exercises

I have been loving adding kettle bells to my workout lately; swings and dead lift high pulls are my favourite.


I have been using my roommate's kettle bell at home, but I think I want to invest in one or two of my own soon. I think I will get one that's 25 lbs or heavier; it would be great for adding weight to squats at home :)

Guava

I first fell in love with guava on a trip to Cuba years ago and again in Asia last year, but they are hard to find in Canada. However, I jut found boxes of them at Freshco, so I will be taking full advantage!


I know they aren't local, but they're just so good!


All the fruit actually...

It's not just guava; I've been a fruit fiend lately :)


Especially the seasonal kind!


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

xoxo

What have you been obsessed with lately?

Do you have exciting weekend plans?