Thursday 14 October 2010

bake therapy

I found out that I didn’t get the job I interviewed for last week, but I’m convinced that it just wasn’t the right fit. Sometimes things don't work out, and that's totally ok.

I’ve always found baking somewhat therapeutic. Something about pounding dough and stirring batter with a wooden spoon is entirely soothing.
100_5303
{yes, yes…this is my apron from food science class when I was a soph in college}.
Anyway, I decided to put my creative energy to use by making homemade pretzels. I’ve tried this in the past and failed quite miserably, so I was a little hesitant, but I’m glad I reattempted the recipe {thank you, Joy the Baker!}.
DSCF3727 
Pretty sure I dipped this baby in dijon mustard {ok, I admit it…I’m currently obsessed with dijon mustard. and spicy peanut sauce}. These pretzels are made with white flour, but I’m sure you could use a little whole wheat if you wanted.
DSCF3716
Time to go turn myself into a human pretzel via yoga.
What’s your fave form of therapy?
Embroidery tutorial coming soon!
0