Monday 18 October 2010

fall obsession

First of all, thanks so much to everyone who took the time to make some very thoughtful comments on my last post. I really appreciate your insight, and I’ll definitely consider it as I write this nutrition program! I also just got connected with a local farm to school group, and I think they will play a big role in helping to get better food into our local schools.

It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with the beach, even in non-swimming weather. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to enjoy a Michigan fall, and I love the freedom to be outside as much as possible.

PA160404

And seriously….what’s not to love about fall?! The changing colors of the leaves = my fave. What’s your fave aspect of fall?

PA160422

Another pumpkin recipe…I know, I know. But this one is really good as evidenced by the amount of time it took my family to demolish it [recipe here]. You don’t even need a sugary glaze. Pair it with a pumpkin spice latte for an extreme pumpkin fix. 

DSCF4355

I’m teaching my first clean eating class this week, but I’ll have to be pretty creative because the room I’m using isn’t PowerPoint enabled. Any suggestions?! There isn’t even a whiteboard in the room, so I was thinking of going old school with an easel and a marker…

0