Thursday 19 July 2012

FAQs and Resources, and advice request

from the engine 2 Facebook page:

They have so many good posts.  Here are tips from my hero, Ann Esselstyn:

Here's something I need to remember, from Dr. Esselstyn:
"Every mouthful of oils and animal products, including dairy foods, initiates an assault on these [cell] membranes and, therefore, on the cells they protect. These foods produce a cascade of free radicals in our bodies ,especially harmful chemical substances that induce metabolic injuries from which there is only a partial recovery. Year after year, the effects accumulate. And eventually, the cumulative cell injury is great enough to become obvious, to express itself as what physicians define as disease. Plants and grains do not induce the deadly cascade of free radicals. Even better, in fact, they carry an antidote. Unlike oils and animal products, they contain antioxidants, which help to neutralize the free radicals and also, recent research suggests, may provide considerable protection against cancers." - Dr. Esselstyn, page 38 of "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease http://astore.amazon.com/engine2com-20/detail/1583333002

My problem is I can get down to my ideal weight and get nice and healthy, and I know the body is an amazing healing machine, and I think, I can splurge, no need to be so strict all the time...  And then I  fall off the wagon for a few days, and/or overeat on healthy foods for a few weeks, and I feel yucky and waste time feeling yucky instead of feeling great.    Any advice on how to motivate myself not to do that would be most welcome!!!