Saturday 1 January 2011

hello, 2011

[2010 looks pretty different from 2009…]

:: 10 highlights from 2010 ::

1) Started part 2 of SLU’s dietetic internship…love these girls! We spent a lot of time together as the 4 peds interns, and I still have them all on speed-dial.

77 

2) Ran my 3rd half marathon with 10 of my internship friends…maybe the half marathon itself shouldn’t really be a highlight. I have since decided spring races really aren’t my thing.

medal

3) Completed a health promotion rotation at Washington University in St. Louis with ADA past president Connie Diekman, which really confirmed my love for nutrition counseling and communications and passion for working with college students.

washu

4) Graduated from SLU’s pediatric dietetic internship…and said goodbye to 33 amazing friends and future colleagues. I feel like I learned so much in 10 very short months.

123

5) Became a registered dietitian! After 7 years of higher ed, I was definitely ready for this one!

IMG_0075

6) Moved back to beautiful Michigan.

park12

7) Started my own nutrition counseling businessI love talking about nutrition and life with people, and saving grace nutrition is the perfect outlet for this.

site

8) Wrote my second journal article on probiotics and necrotizing enterocolitis, forthcoming from the Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group’s Building Block for Life.

journal

9) Read Michael Pollan’s first book, In Defense of Food, which cemented my label as a hipster dietitian. I’m currently in the middle of his second book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma, which is also really interesting.

pollan

10) Foodbuzz 24^3 Hipster Thanksgivinglots of work but lots of amazing food.

 IMG_1576

2010 feels like it has flown by! I’m not the type who makes NY resolutions…but I do think goal setting and reevaluation of progress is really important.

This post-dietetic internship period has been difficult for me as I sort out what I’m meant to do relevant to the nutrition world, but I’m trusting that God will guide me into whatever lies ahead…and I’m looking forward to embracing positive changes and amazing adventures.

Happy 2011!

What things do you want to accomplish in the year ahead?

 0