Monday 3 January 2011

reasons to celebrate the new year…

Thanks for your comments on my 2010 recap. It was important for me to look back and remember all of the good things that have happened. The uncertainty of the future is overwhelming, but I was reminded that despite all of the challenges ahead, I am incredibly blessed.

IMG_0098

------------------------------------------------

Warm weather! We had some unseasonably warm weather here in Michigan, which led to a 5 mile run in shorts in the middle of winter. Crazy.

As you can see, the snow melted (I’m completely ok with this). So sorry to anyone currently dealing with snow and shoveling and people who don’t know how to drive…but don’t be too jealous, I’m pretty sure it’s blizzarding outside right now.

IMG_0101 

Everything is pretty brown and ugly, though. I have to admit that the snow makes the park much prettier.

IMG_0089 

Homemade pizza…I love adding my own toppings and making the crust. Perfect for dinner parties with picky guests (ha).

 IMG_0055 

Hello, new camera. Goodbye, old dinosaur camera which required me to take 60 billion photos(+) before getting a decent shot.

IMG_0013

Ice cream is seriously my favorite thing ever, although I really don’t eat it a lot in the winter. CSN was kind enough to provide this Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream, and Sorbet Maker for review. I like the idea of adding my own ingredients without additives, preservatives, and a plethora of food dyes.

Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker in White

The Cuisinart was super easy to use, and it didn’t take long to make this vegan coconut mango ice cream. One note on the recipe: cut the sugar in half or leave it out completely; coconut milk is definitely sweet enough on its own. 

IMG_0070

Catching up with friends…on life lately. Sometimes I’m bad at keeping in touch, but I really appreciate the friendships that pick up right where they left off.

 IMG_0047

Obviously 12 days of giving was not completed in December. But who says that giving needs to be isolated to the holiday season?! So…I’m extending the series into January.

12 days new logo copy

Day 8: Donate your surplus sweaters…

The Salvation Army is a great place to donate your gently used but no longer worn clothing, furniture, and housewares (especially as you’re making room for your Christmas presents). When you donate or purchase from a Salvation Army store, you are also supporting their Adult Rehabilitation ministry. Find a store near you!

What things are you celebrating so far in 2011?

0