Wednesday 4 May 2011

survival skills

So this week is seriously punching me in the face….enter my best skills for survival. [btdubs, I feel like I do a post like this at least once a month. But hey, probably a sign I need constant reminders of these things, right?!].

Green smoothies. The trick is using super ripe bananas. And a shake of cinnamon…don’t let the green scare you.

IMG_1200 

Good Food. Channa masala is super easy to make and actually tastes better as leftovers, which is a bonus.

IMG_1154

Tea. Lots of it. Conveniently brewed in my coffeemaker. I should probably invest in a tea kettle, yes?

IMG_1162

Schedules, nice pens, paper chain countdowns, moleskin journals. And my iphone, which I’m kind of in love with right now.

IMG_1166 

Running.Even a 3 mile loop after work does wonders for my energy levels and motivation. Somehow I always feel like I can conquer the world…after a run.

IMG_1189

Sleep. I’m bad at this one, but I’ve fallen asleep before 10 pm every night so far this week. By that I mean laying in bed with ipod on and eyes shut. That counts, right?

IMG_1203 

What are your best survival skills? Please share so I can selfishly add them to my list. ;)

0