Tuesday 31 May 2011

on holiday

***Blogger has had some major hiccups recently. You should now be able to comment on posts; sorry for any confusion.

photo

I spent most of the holiday weekend outside, which made me incredibly happy. On Saturday, the farmers’ market was busier than I’ve ever seen it, which was weird because we don’t even have that much produce out yet. Mostly root veggies and plants. I bought basil plants and local eggs.

IMG_0113     

I left the basil for my mom to take care of…we all know that I’d probably kill it. I’m hoping it will grow a lot in the next couple of weeks, so I can make pesto when I visit again.

IMG_0111

Visited Oddside Ales. a tiny brewery in Grand Haven, MI. Coffeehouse feel, good selection of craft beer (I sampled a raspberry wheat), and good company. I would definitely visit again.

photo (1)

Monday was pretty much the only nice day out of the holiday weekend, and at 82 (heat index of 90), this called for ice cream.

IMG_0109

We also took a family outing to the driving range. Let it be known that I have no patience for golf. I can drive decently but not always straight, and my putting skills are more appropriate for miniature golf.

IMG_0107

Also, it should be noted that I don’t even remember the last time I swung a golf club, and today my back and shoulders feel like an elephant crushed them. Yoga is probably in order.

So sad that the holiday weekend had to end…it’s back to the grind but thankfully only a 4 day week.

What did you do this weekend?

It’s 91 in Ann Arbor today…time to get out my best salad recipes.

0