Monday 11 March 2013

Personal Triumph

Happy Tuesday My Dears :)

First of all, I have received a lot of positive feedback in the last few days for my posts, especially the one about social media responsibility. Thank you so much. I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!

Today will be a relatively short post, I just have a few things I want to discuss.

First off, was anyone else knocked out by the first Monday of the time change?? I felt like I got hit by a truck! Of course, it didn't help that I went for my very first run in about 4 months (I'm a wuss about cold, snow and ice, so I hit the indoor cardio machines in the winter) on Sunday, so my quads and shins felt like lead by yesterday.

This was very accurate for me this year.

My solution? I hit snooze...several times instead of getting up and doing the workout I had planned. I also had zero regrets about that fact! Instead, I came home from class and did some much needed yoga and foam rolling. You can never go wrong with rest and foam rolling :)

Another thing I did yesterday? I bravely decided to try on a pair of leggings that I bought for my trip to India and haven't worn in almost a year. The last time I wore them, my weight was in the double digits and they were baggy in the butt and legs. They looked awful, but at the time I was sickly proud of this "accomplishment."

You can't see my bum in this picture, but they were literally falling off.

Well, look at me now! Same leggings!


I actually hate posting selfies, so I apologize for this, but I just wanted to show how far I have come. These leggings are a measurable sign of how much progress you can make with a lot of calories, squats and self-love. Also, the mere act of trying them on was a scary thing for me, but the fact that I am happy with the way they fit shows how far I have come in my attitude.

And just look at my booty! It exists (for once)!

There she is again! In different light this time ;)

I am very proud of the fact that I can put these on today and feel good about their snug fit rather than disgusted by my weight gain.

Oh, and if you want to see what's on that shirt...


That was designed by one of the guys on my student government. Priceless...

Hee hee!!

Have a wonderful day y'all ;)