Monday 25 March 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Hello All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I know I did, although I didn't get nearly as much work done as I needed to. In the next week, I have several very big projects due and I'm starting to freak out just a bit.

One thing I did do on the weekend was celebrate my roommate's birthday and bake her that cake I told you all about. I think I did a pretty good job too!



That is also another thing I can cross off of my 2013 Bucket List :)

Another thing I made? These babies. They look terrible, but they tasted delicious, I promise! And I have the recipe for you down below :)



Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes

Ingredients:

1/2 ripe banana, mashed
3 tbs peanut flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet stevia (if desired)
a dash of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips, nuts, fruit or any add-ins you like (I used blueberries)

Preparation:

1. Mix all but the last ingredient together in a bowl
2. Mix in add-ins
3. Spoon batter onto non-stick or greased frying pan
4. Cook on low-medium heat until both sides are browned and pancakes are firm

And voila!


I also made a really easy sauce with cocoa powder, melted blueberries and stevia. Delish!

I also found a few more things that made me happy when I was at the health food store on the weekend.

One of my favourite brands of chocolate in a new-to-me flavour...


It was phenomenal, too bad it's already gone :(

Also, I did a review of PureFit bars a few months back which you can read here if you don't remember it. Anyway, they just came out with 2 new flavours!!!!


They were both UNREAL. I can't tell you which one I liked more because they were both so good. If you see them, buy them!

I also got out for my second first run of the season on Sunday and it was beautiful! I ran once at the beginning of March when the weather looked like spring was coming, but then we got hit with winter again, so I moved cardio back indoors. Well, I think this is the beginning of spring for real now! Fingers crossed!

One more piece of exciting news before I sign off... It turns out I will not be going home for Easter :(

BECAUSE I will be going to London instead to spend the weekend with my best friend. I hardly ever see her and she can't spend Easter with her family this year, so we're having a girls weekend instead.

That also means that I get to meet a blend for the very first time!! Sam, from one of my favourite blogs, will also be in London visiting her family, so I will finally get to meet the girl who has been inspiring and supporting me since last summer! Who knows what we will get up to, but it's guaranteed to be a good time. Yay for blend meet-ups! (Don't worry Chelsie, you're next!)

Well, I am off, have a marvelous day everyone!

Any exciting finds or baking adventures recently?

Have you ever met blends before?