Friday 22 March 2013

Weekend Musings

Hello Friends,

I really enjoyed hearing some of your feedback on my little water conservation PSA yesterday. I hate sounding preachy, but sometimes I just need to say it when something is important to me.

Anyway, it is now the weekend, so that means... homework! Yes, it's a little sad, but it's getting to the end of the semester and the deadlines are starting to rear their ugly heads. Don't worry though, there is still some fun to be had. My roommate's birthday is this weekend, so we are all going to go downtown for some drinking and dancing tonight. Ordinarily, I would be mixing rum or vodka with some kind of diet drink, but since I am still off the artificial sweeteners, I am going to stick to cider, wine or good ole' fashioned beer :) Now, on to a few random musings from my week...

1. Since it is my roommate's birthday, I am going to try my hand at making her a cake! Now, you guys are all amazing bakers, but I don't quite have those skills, so I am going to go with a boxed mix and fun decorations.


Since Easter is almost here, I decided to make an Easter-themed cake. I'm going to use green icing (like grass) and decorate it with mini eggs and candy bunnies. I guess we'll see how this turns out...

2. Where did I get my cake mix, do you ask? Target!


We JUST got Target in Canada, and yesterday I took my first trip there ever! They haven't had their grand opening yet, so the shelves aren't fully stocked, but I definitely saw some things there that I had been looking for. I stuck to what was on my list so I wouldn't go crazy, but I will definitely be going back to pick up a few things for the shameless consumer in me :(

3. I saw this at the grocery store this week and had to pick it up.


Now all my food tastes like bacon, I regret nothing.

4. This weather is really getting me down. It is March 23rd and there is still no sign of warm weather or budding leaves. I am so over winter!!!


Alright Canada, you got me. I give in; I didn't run away to India this year. Can you please just cut us all some slack???

5. On the other hand, I am really not eager for buttercup squash to go out of season...


When this stuff is gone, I am going to need someone to hold me and rock me gently while I cry.

6. Can someone please explain to me what this is?


A calorie free peanut spread??? I'm pretty sure this stuff has never even been close to a peanut... or any other food from nature. Food has calories! And peanuts have lots of calories!! What kind of scary-ass Frankenfood is this??

Anyway, thanks for reading. I promise I'll get back to reading all of your blogs, things have just been crazy for me lately.

Have a lovely one :)