Sunday 21 April 2013

MIMM: Time to Relax

Hello Friends!

Well, I can't even tell you how nice this weekend has been. I went from a week of pure studying hell to having absolutely no obligations! Normally, I get really antsy when I have too much time on my hands, but given how crazy last week was, I am perfectly content to have a few days to chill out. 


I mean, this is what my fridge looked like by the end of the week:


Beer, and not much else. I had no time to shop, it led to a pretty dire situation. You learn to get creative with canned pumpkin and frozen edamame when you have no other options...

Anyway, I had a whole weekend of bliss. I went out to parties (hence the beer), slept well for the first time in a while, had a delicious dinner out on Saturday and watched way too much TV and movies. I finally watched Shakespeare in Love, which was romantic and heartbreaking and made me wish I was sleeping with a poet ;) Then, I started watching Girls because everyone and their grandmas have been talking about it and I wanted to see what I was missing. Well, I'm totally addicted and I love Lena Dunham.


That girl is just so fearless and comfortable with herself. She is a true role model to me. She is sassy and witty and even though her body is nowhere near the media's depiction of "perfect", she is totally unashamed of showing it off. What. A. Babe.

I also had time this weekend to work out on my own time and put a bit more effort into my food. I bought a gigantic cantaloupe at the farmers market and cut it up to have on hand for the next few days. Too bad it's already gone...


I also experimented with some dip that I am now totally addicted to. I had this dip mix in my cupboard, which you are supposed to mix with sour cream. 


Instead, I pureed it with white beans and leftover pumpkin and then threw in a bit of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour. It looks awful, but I've been eating it with a spoon and it's fantastic!


I also plan on using the next week and a half to continue relaxing and enjoying myself to the utmost. On Wednesday, I'm heading to Ottawa for a few days to hang out in the city and visit the beautiful Chelsie :) I am so. Damn. Excited! This girl has planned an awesome couple of days for us including: Thai food, a bike tour of the city and a trip to her favourite cupcake shop! Can you say best hostess ever?? I will be sure to give you all a full update when I get back.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a marvelous Monday. I know I will!