Monday 1 April 2013

Playing Catch-Up

Hello, hello!

I know, I know, it's been ages since I've posted! I have had so many random things going on in the past week and this coming week is going to be even busier! Anyway, I will just share with you a few of my adventures from last week and hopefully I'll be back to regular posting soon!

***

1. I had a movie night with my very good friend last week. We have both had a lot on our plates, so we just needed a night to kick back and relax. He hadn't seen Les Miserables yet, so we made homemade popcorn, opened a bottle of wine and tried not to sing along with the songs too loudly ;)

At the end of the night we were chatting and I mentioned that I had been in a funk lately. Just kind of stressed, not feeling great about myself and letting my school work slip. Anyway, he gave me a hug and went home, but the next morning as I was leaving for class I found this at my door.


It reminded me that I have wonderful, loving friends and made my day so much better. He's a gem :)

2. Remember these pancakes that I made recently? Well, I tried them again and they worked even better!!


I don't really know what I did differently, but they actually looked like real fluffy pancakes! (unlike the sad, flacid things I made before). They still tasted delicious too and I topped them homemade, healthy coconut chocolate sauce and unsweetened coconut. Sooooo delicious :)

3. I managed to make it out for a couple of blissful outdoor runs in the past week because the weather was gorgeous. It was sunny and warm and all the snow disappeared. Then, yesterday, this happened...



Really Canada? NOT COOL!! Right now, all I can think about is how this time last year I was in India, enjoying the sun and sweating my little bum off. I would give anything to be there now!

4. Instead of going home for Easter, I decided to go visit my best friend in London, since I hadn't seen her in ages and she couldn't be with her family for the holiday. We always have fun when we're together and she gave me the BEST (very belated) birthday gifts I have ever gotten in my life!!



I think I may have mentioned before that she and I have a bit of a gnome fetish and most of our gifts to each other seem to be gnome-themed. Anyway, she gave me these beauties and I couldn't have been happier :)

Yes, that would be a set of gnome-shaped salt and pepper shakers and, my personal favourite, Hipster Gnome. I mean seriously, how can you NOT love that??

5. Guess who else I saw this weekend?


That's right, SAM!!! I have been dying to meet this girl for ages. She was one of the main people who inspired me to seek help with my ED issues and start living life again and I finally got to meet her in person! We went out for Indian food (hey, even though I can't be in India right now, I can still eat like I am!) and talked for hours.

We got the lunch buffet, so I loaded up on a bunch of different curries and tandoori chicken.
The butter naan came out later ;)

I think this is the first time I have taken a picture of a meal at a restaurant without feeling self-conscious. Sam and I both just whipped out our cameras and started photographing the delicious plates in front of us.

Dessert was fresh fruit and gulab jamun (which is basically deep fried balls of
milk and dough, soaked in sugar syrup). Oh yes, I went there :)

This was the first time I have ever met a blog friend (I'm sorry, I just can't stand the word blend, I don't know why!) and I was so happy I did :) If y'all ever get the chance to meet Sam, do it! She's the bomb.

6. I found a car! Well actually, my dad found me a car. When I found out I needed to buy a car for work, I asked him to help me, since I know absolutely NOTHING about buying a vehicle. With the help of his "car guy", he found me a 2009 Nissan Sentra with very low kilometres and a good track record. He said that if I take care of it, I will be able to get good resale value out of it when I am done my job in September. It will look a bit like this, only in a maroon colour.


Ooooo....shiny.....

7. This is going to be a VERY busy week for me. I have 4 major assignments due and events for my student government every night. Luckily, bought chocolate yesterday, so my homework sessions will be made slightly less painful ;)


Hopefully, I will be posting again fairly soon, I definitely miss it when I don't get a chance to blog.

If I don't "see" you, have a wonderful week everyone!