Sunday 14 November 2010

blended soups, hipsters, and chapbooks

DSCF4561

My quest to find the perfect butternut squash soup recipe (ala the amazing bowl eaten at Farm) continues. The latest recipe included apples, leeks, and walnuts. It was pretty delicious, but the acidity of the apples + leeks were a little much, so I added some coconut milk. Not just right but getting closer…

DSCF4585

The biggest news of late is that I will be tackling a local Thanksgiving meal or “a hipster Thanksgiving feast” for Foodbuzz’s November 24^3 event (24 bloggers, 24 meals, 24 hours). I’m really excited to have the opportunity to participate again (see last year’s epic 24^3 event), but this time I won’t have energy bar Dan’s creative expertise or culinary assistance.

menu

Between 15-20 people will attend, so we’ll see how it all goes down. I am requiring my guests to dress appropriately. And we may be compiling a chap book as part of the event. I also wanted to make my own paper to print the menu on, but my mom said I was getting a little carried away…(yes, I’m all about go big or go home).

Exhibit A: a handbound chapbook (filled with poetry and art, etc.). Last year I made 33 of these…

100_7057  

I’ve also been researching different local products and delicious recipes to serve…if you have any creative Thanksgiving dish recipes, send them my way!

Exhibit B: delicious local bread from the Laughing Tree Brick Oven Bakery. 

DSCF4600

I’ll be purchasing the majority of food supplies locally, including an Amish turkey and lots of vegetables. This will be an epic Thanksgiving.

DSCF4607  

What’s your fave Thanksgiving dish (if you celebrate)…any unusual dishes unique to your family?    

0