Wednesday 3 November 2010

you rock!

Wow, I was completely blown away by your responses to M. Pollan and my observations of In Defense of Food…you are truly fantastic readers, and I received some of the nicest comments ever, so thanks!

 DSCF4406

It is so fantastic to know that so many people in the blogworld are thinking similarly about America’s eating habits…the bigger question is, how can we get others around us to see the light?! I live in a city that is pretty far from green friendly, where [almost] no one knows who Michael Pollan is, exactly one local slash organic restaurant exists, and most haven’t even heard of the term dirty dozen. Talk about a challenge.

Have you heard about…

veganmofo_2

I think the whole vegan month of food movement is a great chance to try out some delish meatless dishes. This google reader bundle is awesome…access to all the recipes as they’re posted in one subscription! I have to confess that I will probably deviate from this during Thanksgiving because although it will be a local food Thanksgiving (hopefully), we’ll be eating an Amish turkey. Are you participating?

Oh, and here’s a green smoothie only for the hardcore…

DSCF4498

In the mix: pumpkin, banana, almond milk, kale, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and almond butter. It was sort of like fall in a cup…except it was green?!

For those of you who think I never ever indulge, it’s been a sort of busy slash stressful week, and there may have been an episode of eating Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut clusters for lunch [there, now you all know I’m human and not an autobot].

0