Sunday 7 November 2010

weekend adventures

Hmm, what does this look like to you?!

DSCF4517

Here’s another hint…[no, it’s not a space convention].

 DSCF4523

Yes, yes! It’s a race! I went to Indianapolis this weekend to support my twin sister and Mica in the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon. I actually jumped in and ran the second half of the race, which was a lot of fun.

DSCF4526

They both did really well and walked (or ran?) away with PRs, so congrats ladies! Being around 60 billion other runners always makes me want to race again, so I forsee some 10k or 15k races in my future…and maybe another half soon. It’s been hard for me to want to train for anything after the horrendous St. Louis half/heatstroke episode. Anyone else have a similar type of experience?!

Oh, and if you’re still looking for fantastic blended soup recipes, here’s another {carrot ginger soup}. I am going to eat blended soups until winter is over…just to warn you.

DSCF4515 

There might be another pumpkin recipe coming up, also…it’s time to start testing recipes for Michigan local thanksgiving 2010.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0