Sunday 5 May 2013

MIMM: It's a New Week!

Good Morning Friends,

Well, it's a new week, and for the first time maybe ever I was actually looking forward to going to work on this morning. I love my new job, my coworkers are FANTASTIC and even though I haven't done a lot yet, I am excited for what is to come. So, I thought I would use this post to tell you about some of the other marvelous things that I am thankful for at the moment.



1. I'm feisty and I have proof. I have been told that when I am in the field this summer I will be dealing with A LOT of disgruntled Kitchener residents and I may get yelled at regularly. Apparently, as I was told by the secretary at my office, when they were hiring for my position they chose me over the other applicants because they felt I would be able to handle difficult people better and hold my own. Basically, I came off as a feisty woman whom you would not want to mess with if you were trying to lie on your stormwater credit application. Score 1 for me!

2. I get to meet Danielle of Work It, Wear It, Eat It on Wednesday!! This girl is a fitness machine and she teaches bootcamp classes in my area, so she invited me to be her "friend" for Bring A Friend day on Wednesday. I am fully expecting her to kick my ass, but I am excited regardless :)

3. I found a new consignment store right by my parking garage at work, meaning I have to walk by it twice a day. I finally went in on Friday and it's amazing! They have the greatest little dresses, tops and shoes for really good prices. I decided to restrain myself on my first visit and I only bought a Steve Madden belt, but that place could be very bad for my wallet...


4. I have also been looking for fast/cheap/healthy/delicious lunch places close to my work so that I can walk somewhere quickly when I don't bring anything to eat. I found this great little vegetarian place about 2 blocks away that has really tasty-looking sandwiches, salads, burritos and quesadillas for dirt cheap prices. The decor inside is a little rough around the edges, but I have heard fabulous things about the food, and that's really what matters, right?


I also hope to be frequenting Thrive Juice Bar, where I got this masterpiece a few months ago.

Vegan pad Thai with grilled tempeh. Oh. My. God.

It's a little farther from my work than other places, so I will have to drive there, but trust me, this place is well worth going the distance.

5. Having a reason to get up bright and early and somewhere to go everyday has had a dramatic effect on my mood. I kept saying last semester that I was going through a "funk". That funk lasted for months, and even though I had some good days, what it really was was some form of depression. I didn't feel like I had a reason to get up in the morning, I didn't feel good about myself and I avoided leaving the house when it wasn't absolutely necessary. Well, I can actually say this time that the "funk" is lifting. I feel productive again, my self-esteem is 10 times better and I am enjoying what I am doing. I am so thankful that I am starting to feel like myself again and I hope to keep it this way :)

6. Speaking of self-esteem, I found some new old jeans! I dug up a pair of jeans yesterday that I used to love until that started falling off of me and making my ass look like a saggy pancake. Well, when I tried them on, I was surprised to see that they fit the way jeans are supposed to fit and they hug me in all the right places!


It's like getting new clothes without leaving your house or spending any money and it's a total body image win! It's things like this that reaffirm for me that getting bigger can actually be a good thing.

7. I finally got BlogLovin'! I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago. I always read blogs by opening a million tabs and trying to multitask while everything loaded.


This is a way better system. I should be a lot more efficient at keeping up with everyone else's blog now.

8. I didn't realize it the other day, but I published my 100th post on Friday, making this post my 101st! I can't believe I have written that many posts; it feels pretty good to have stuck to something for this long, even if I have taken breaks.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Have you ever found old clothes that fit you better now than they used to?

Any other consignment/thrift store lover out there?