Thursday 2 May 2013

What a Way to Make a Livin'

Hello All!

I have been a little lazy about posting lately, but here I am! I am a full-time working girl now, so no more sleeping in for me :)

So far I really like my new job. I haven't really done much yet. So far there has been a lot of reading documents, signing things and getting acquainted with the people in my office. I probably have a few weeks of this and then I will be out in the field checking that the people of Kitchener are using good management practices :)

The weather has been beautiful for the last few days, so that has been a big plus too. My boss really encourages us to take all of our break, so I have been getting out and walking around in the sun about 3 times a day. It's great!

You know what else is great? My view! I work on the 9th floor and I get a view of the whole city from my desk.


You know what else I did recently?

There aren't as many topping as it looks like. It's a froyo illusion!

That's right, I lost my froyo virginity!

I feel like I see those bowls of self-serve froyo on someone's blog everyday, but I had never had it until a few days ago! Well, Guelph just got a Menchie's and it's my new favourite place. Not really, but I will be hitting it up for a treat every so often.

I have to admit, it exceeded my expectations. I had always thought it was an overpriced fad that was really just a bunch of sugary toppings masquerading as a healthy treat, and while I'm still not convinced that it's in any way healthy, I am convinced that it's delicious. Now I just want to go back to try every flavour... This could take a toll of my wallet.

Lastly, I haven't had a Jones Soda in years, but I found a place that sells the Zilch cream soda kind right near my work and bought one for a cool treat on the way home yesterday. I flipped the lid over to find this little gem...


I hope there is some truth to this. Lottery? True love? Awesome parking space?? Who knows what the future will bring...

Hope lady luck finds you too!

xoxo