Monday 13 May 2013

Tuesday Fun

Hello!

I have a few post ideas stewing in the back of my mind at the moment, but today I just felt like doing something fun. This is a survey I saw on a number of blogs a little while ago and I wanted to join in :)

a: age

I'm 22-years-old, and I just read this article telling me that it is the absolute best age to be, so I'm pretty content.

b: bed size

I sleep in a double. As much as I would love to have a queen, I'm a single lady at the moment, so my bed is perfect ;)

c: chore you dislike

Scrubbing the shower. It never gets clean!!

d: dogs

Love 'em. I am and always will be a dog person. Unfortunately, my dog doesn't live with me, but she gets lots of scratches behind the ears when I go to visit my parents.


In exciting news; I just got word that my parents are getting a new puppy!!! She's a little German Shepherd named Abira, or Abby for short (pictures to follow). For anyone who reads Sam, you may have had a similar reaction as me when you saw pictures of her new little squishy-faced stud. I have had puppies on the brain ever since then, so when my parents told me about Abby I almost died. Can't wait to meet her!

e: essential to your day

A good breakfast. Seriously, I don't know how people skip their first meal of the day, but if I don't get something hearty into me in the morning, I'm done for.





f: favourite colour

It's a tie between green and purple. The treehugger in me loves all things green, but sometimes nothing beats a vibrant purple.

One of my favourite t-shirts :)

g: gold or silver

When it comes to jewelry, definitely silver. Not that I own much of the real stuff...

h: height

5'1". Although I sometimes say 5'2" if it works in my favour. I'm probably somewhere in between. Whatever, I'm short, the extra half inch really doesn't make a huge difference.

i: interesting fact

I don't own nail polish. I can't remember the last time I painted my nails. I just really don't care.

j: job title

Usually, I am a student. However, this summer I will be a "Stormwater Inspector." Pretty cool, eh? Eh?? Well, I think it's cool :)

k: kids

No thank you :)

l: live

In Guelph, Ontario. This place has my heart right now.

m: mom's name

Nancy.

n: nicknames

I've never really been a big nickname girl. My parents call me Wev, and I think I mentioned in other posts that they used to call me Sausage. I'm not really eager to bring that one back...

o: overnight hospital stays

I don't think I have had any since I snapped my femur at the age of 2 and had to stay in the hospital for a long time.

p: pet peeves

1. People who walk too slowly on the sidewalk

2. Bottled water - It's EVIL

3. People who preach their own religions for their love and tolerance and then speak out against same-sex marriage. Seriously, it's 2013; homophobia should not exist.

q: quote from a movie

I do love movies, but to be honest, all of the quotes going through my head at the moment are from Arrested Development. I watch that show far too much and ever since I found out that the 4th season is coming out on May 26th, it is all I have been thinking about. Some of my favourite quotes?

Buster: That's what you do when life hands you the chance to be with someone special. You just need to grab that brownish area by its points and don't let go no matter what your mom says.

Lucille: Get me a vodka on the rocks.
Michael: Mom, it's breakfast.
Lucille: And a piece of toast.

Gob: I hear the jury's still out on science.

I apologize to anyone who doesn't watch the show, as those must be going right over your heads, but I know the fellow AD addicts will appreciate them :) After all, "There are dozens of us! DOZENS!"


Her?

r: righty or lefty

Righty; boring, I know

s: sibling

One big bro. Best bro ever. We're adorable.

That explains who got all the height...

t: time you wake up

I have always been a naturally early riser who had trouble sleeping in past 8am, even on weekends. However, my sleep schedule tends to be heavily dictated by light, so now that I have lived in a basement for a while, my weekend waking time keeps getting pushed later and later...

u: underwear

My vice. Frilly underwear is the one thing I always buy too much of. I have over 100 pairs; I have a problem.

v: vegetables you don't like

I wouldn't say there are any vegetable I exclusively hate. I can't stand the texture of eggplant, but I can deal with it in certain dishes and I love baba ganoush. I don't do raw onion, but I'm starting to really like it cooked. I hate almost everything containing beets, but then my mum makes this Moroccan pureed beet dish with cumin, cinnamon and a few other ingredients and it has to be one of my favourite things to eat ever! I'll post a recipe eventually.

w: what makes you run late

My bed. Why is it always so warm on the coldest days?

x: x-rays you've had

Probably lots. I can't remember all of them, but my last few have been to check out my spine. I have a mild case of scoliosis and those x-rays are freaky lookin'!!

y: yummy food you make

I always expect that the food I make only tastes good to me, but I know that these babies are palette pleasers for everyone ;)


z: zoo animal favourite

I guess I'll say the monkeys. How can you not love them? They're like little hairy people!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

xoxo