Saturday 5 February 2011

back in the mitten

You might not be able to fully grasp how crazy the snow was in Chicago from this photo, but any car parked on a side street got completely buried. Most people had already taken a shovel to their vehicles at this point…

IMG_0438

I can tell you that after living for almost a week on hotel and restaurant food, I was craving fresh vegetables like crazy! I think I chopped up every single vegetable in the refrigerator when I got back today.

IMG_0444

Roasted with a little bit of olive oil, parmesan cheese, and pepper at 450 F for 30(+) minutes, I couldn’t have asked for anything more…

IMG_0450

Except homemade [vegan] peppermint ice cream. If it’s zero degrees outside, why not make myself even colder by eating ice cream. It makes perfect sense.

IMG_0465

I’m exhausted! Another cooking class coming up next week…plus some big changes ahead.

Does anyone else crave vegetables after being on the road?

I can’t be the only one!

0

p.s. Happy 55th Birthday to my dad!