Saturday 5 February 2011

lunch

Sometimes I am really lazy:



















At least I cut up the carrots and celery! (easier to bite).

Breakfast was a housemate smoothie--leftovers from the weekly prep. I also ate a medjool date with a walnut half stuff in it and heated in the microwave. I can't believe I'm saying this but it was too rich and sweet for my tastes (today!). I've eaten mostly salads this week and that must have reset my taste buds. Salads feel just right when you aren't very physically active.

I think I'll have time, energy and desire to make kale & sweet potato sauce tonight--it's easy and I should be hungry. Update: I did make this and boy was it yummy! I added a small leek, and used pignolias for the nuts. And I added mushrooms steamed briefly in the microwave (1 minute, stir, 30 sec, stir). I was sorry I had to share it with housemate!