Thursday 10 February 2011

cookies, fennel, and….noodle pillows?

Thanks for all the congrats on life’s latest change. I started packing yesterday…I hate packing, but fortunately I am bringing mostly clothes and books at this point. And my blender.

IMG_0515

Cranberry oatmeal cookies ala Smitten Kitchen made things go a little more smoothly. These are the real deal. No substitutions. This cookie is a cookie.

IMG_0521

I’ve only eaten fennel in salad form, but last night we ate it braised and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and homemade croutons [recipe here]. It was surprisingly good.

IMG_0512 

We also ate vegetables on noodle pillows (I wish I were making that up, but that’s what they’re called). I wasn’t a big fan of the crunchy noodles, so I think I’ll just stick to plain soba or rice noodles next time.

 IMG_0514   

It’s zero degrees (literally) here today, but I’m going to attempt a run anyway. Michigan running is always an adventure…at least we aren’t currently having a blizzard!

0