Saturday 26 February 2011

still alive

I know I’ve been horrible at blogging lately! Life has been pretty crazy and stressful with the new job and getting to know Ann Arbor. I also just found a lease takeover and am moving into a different apartment this weekend, which is one of my least favorite things to do, but it’s a small price to pay for getting my own space.

So, my weekend started with this fantastic coffee, which is also sold in Ann Arbor, thank goodness.

 IMG_0594

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that baking = a form of stress therapy for me. Needless to say, it was pretty wonderful to come home and make (and eat) cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

IMG_0599 

I don’t think my family minded too much either. I’m just trying to make sure everyone’s in a good mood when we unload box after box of vintage dishes on Monday.

IMG_0605

I also experimented with combining 2 random ingredients we had in the house: eggplant and polenta.

IMG_0612

I know it sounds like an interesting combination, but the recipe I used is actually Martha Stewart’s, and it was pretty good.

IMG_0642

Anyway, I foresee many culinary adventures and dinner parties in the future. And I’m excited to explore Ann Arbor’s local food scene, especially when it gets warmer.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend…

0