Tuesday 8 February 2011

changes

I had a lovely weekend of running, eating vegetables, and adventures in the snowy and freezing Michigan weather (yes, I do wear flats all winter, thank you very much).

IMG_0490

At the risk of isolating myself from the entire blogging community, I will also say that lately I’ve been leaving oatmeal behind for delicious omelets with cheddar cheese and mushrooms. And lots of black pepper.

 IMG_0503

I’m teaching another cooking class tonight, and we’re making blueberry parfaits. The recipe calls for crumbled ginger cookies for one of the layers, but I decided to make my own to avoid the food dyes and GMO corn in the packaged version. Fantastic.

IMG_0470

The biggest news in life is that I am moving to Ann Arbor, Michigan to work in pediatric nutrition. It will be a big change, for sure, but I’m trying to embrace all opportunities and adventures and to be open to using creativity and innovation in an often straitlaced environment.

 IMG_0496

Change can be really hard, but I know that the growth that comes with it is important. Reaching outside yourself to do things that are new and slightly scary can open opportunities to make a difference, and that’s valuable to me.

This is also a little rough because I’m a Buckeye, but I’ll be sure to talk lots about our winning record over the Wolverines. If you live in A2, let me know!

0 

p.s. did anyone see this article about the class action Nutella suit? My thoughts:

1) Duh, we all know Nutella isn’t healthful or a great idea for children as a breakfast staple.

2) Yes, their commercials are annoying, but I’m not sure that warrants a lawsuit?