Wednesday 21 September 2011

delinquent updater

Guilty as charged.

So I’m not sure what really happened in between my last post and now. Actually, I do know. Craziness and pure insanity. I’ve been at my new job for about a month and really love a lot of things about it so far. I’m working with kiddos who have various gastrointestinal disorders, and food allergies are a recurring theme, which is really interesting and challenging. Future post on that to come…

Here is a little preview of my new space. Lots and lots of character, hardwood floors, high ceilings, tons of natural light [I like it a lot].

And…I guess we’re officially cut off from summer weather now, although fall is my favorite season, and I love sweater weather and the colors of the changing leaves and all of that jazz. I snapped this at a wedding last weekend….the warm weather may be gone, but there are still fantastic sunsets to be enjoyed.

IMG_1663

And with fall weather comes the first of many batches of homemade soup. Vegan carrot ginger soup is a fave and super easy to make. Get the recipe here.

IMG_1671 

Also, fall (for me) means pumpkin everything. Pumpkin pancakes were the star of Saturday morning breakfast. So good.

IMG_1658 

I’m still exploring Grand Rapids, but it seems to be a pretty artsy city with a bent toward the local food movement, which I appreciate. I had my first pumpkin ale of the season with a good friend visiting from Honduras earlier this week.

IMG_1667

And ArtPrize just started today…there are a lot of random pieces of art in yards, on the side of buildings, restaurant lobbies, etc. It’s pretty cool.

Fave thing about fall?

0