Monday 1 July 2013

7/1/13


Well, today the 28 day challenge ends on E2X.  I started a week late.  I will continue my own Captain's challenge until Aug. 17, when I go to Plant-Stock!   There I plan to enjoy slightly richer fair than is normal for the Captain.  I would like to lose the 6 lbs I've gained over the last year.  I'm feeling good about this.  I enjoy the positive attitudes on E2X and the great feedback.  I'm not sure if I should take time off from my food logs or not, until the next 28-day challenge.  On the one hand, it's pretty easy to log.  On the other, it might be nice to take a break, plus I'm going out of town a lot the next 2 weeks.  On the other hand, I can share how I plan to stay on plan while traveling.  I guess we'll just see.  Meanwhile, here's today's food.
B: Baked buckwheat groats and cherries.  I soaked the groats overnight and rinsed off the slime.  Even then, I don't enjoy them as much as oats or quinoa.  
L:  cooked up my usual veggies:  onion, kohlrabi, oriental yam, collards, asparagus, rice, and fresh herbs.   offered these to my guests who enjoyed them.  and ate some of their yummy fruit salad.
D:  repeat of lunch.  plus some cherries and lots of sugar snap peas.  oh and some strawberries and blueberries that I was prepping for the freezer.
E:  none, resting after yesterday's marathon (first time I can use that word literally, ha).