Wednesday 17 July 2013

7/16/13


This morning I roasted some new potatoes and kohlrabi, while snacking on cabbage.  I packed those into two bowls.   I cooked up some broccoli and zucchini and combined that with the beans and lentils I cooked last night, and dished that into two bowls too.  These were for lunch and dinner.  Then I was gone the rest of the day.   After my yoga class I stopped at the co-op and got some fruit (a few cherries, some grapes and blueberries), cherry tomatoes and some sugar snap peas.  I ate the fruit (shouldn't have got the blueberries), then after I got to work, ate the sugar snap peas.  Had the potatoes and veggies for lunch and dinner, had the cherry tomatoes for a snack.  then when I got home, had a cool cucumber.   It's hot here and I don't think I'm done with the roasting and baking for a few days, until it cools off.    
Exercise was a yoga class and biking 14 miles.
One thing I want to experiment with this week is eating more simple meals.  Somehow I got this notion in my head i need all this variety every day (every meal even) and I don't think I do.   How about instead a variety each week, but only 1 or 2 things each meal?   That's more what I feel like doing, so I'm looking forward to trying this out.