Sunday 21 July 2013

7/21/13


Breakfast was fruit and cooked grains.  It was wonderful and quick because I cooked the grains last night and have a freezer full of fruit that I bought and prepped this weekend.   The grains were:  spelt berries, kamut berries, oat groats, and 3 kinds of rice.  I assembled the frozen fruit and grains, and microwaved them for a few minutes and it was done.  It's a delightful breakfast.
Lunch:  corn on the cob and broccoli
Snack:  lots of sugar snap peas and carrots  (can I call that a salad? :) )
Dinner:  onion, kohlrabi, greens, and beans.   I made enough for leftovers tomorrow.
Now I should have stopped here, but I started nibbling on the fruit in the freezer.  then nibbled some more, then couldn't resist repeating breakfast (microwaved fruit and grains).  It was so good but I didn't need it!   oh well.  :)
Exercise:  walk 6.5 miles.