Thursday 27 June 2013

6/27/13


B:  1 lb strawberries.  some spinach.
For lunch and dinner I cooked up:  onion, kohrabi, plantain, asparagus, collards, then added black beans, lime juice, cilantro, cumin.   It was great.
I snacked on garden lettuce while cooking lunch and dinner.   That was really good.
I ate my lunch with housemate at a burger/frozen custard place.  I had cherries for dessert while she enjoyed her frozen custard (it's a rich soft serve ice cream).  I chuckled about today's flavor of the day, which was coffee chocolate chip.  I thought, that's 4 pleasure traps!  There's the sugar and fat, and caffeine and chocolate.  In the old days, I totally would have gone for that, heh heh.
snack:  lots of sugar snap peas, snow peas.
Almost all this food is local and fresh.  I love this time of year!
Exercise:  swim 1 mile, walk 1 mile.