Monday 17 June 2013

June 16 log


I'm just copying my food logs from my E2X blog.   Readers (the 1 or 2 of you), do you want food logs?  I have other ideas for posts but haven't had time to compose them.  I'll get to it.
B: baked oatmeal and fruit.  love this.
L:  sugar snap peas at the co-op.  then stopped at the bakery to get bread and brownies for housemate and a friend coming over.   I ate my baked sweet potato while friend ate brownie and coffee.  We had a nice time on the deck on a beautiful day.   One thing I'm trying to learn is not feeling like I have to have a treat when others do.   I don't need a "treat" like nuts and dried fruit (or worse, much worse) just because they are having one.  I happened to be hungry so ate my sweet potato, and actually that did feel like a treat because it's so sweet (I go for the oriental yams, with the yellow flesh and purple skins, love them! I eat them like a burrito).
spread out dinner:  I went on a 12 mile walk (training for a marathon, maybe a little too ambitious), ate a baked potato at the 6 mile mark while sitting on a bench overlooking the lake and city--I love potatoes as energy food on a hike or bike ride.   then I ate some sugar snap peas at the co-op, about 8.5 miles.  then when I got home, another baked potato, small kohlrabi, a bunch of asparagus, and a small bowl of frozen peas and corn.  yes, you heard that right.  Housemate was eating ice cream.  I didn't plan it that way but thought afterwards that my peas and corn are kind of like ice cream, frozen and sweet.   I like this sugar free life because normal foods start tasting very sweet on their own.   now if I can just continue with this attitude for the long term...