Monday 17 June 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Hello Everyone!

I was going to post yesterday, but lately I have just been finding myself so tired before I go to bed that I can't even sit down at my computer and write a post. I have also been majorly slacking on following other blogs, so to all of my wonderful friends: I hope everything is going swimmingly, I promise I am still reading!

Anyway, here are a few tidbits from the past few days.

1. My legs didn't fall off! That's right, I thought the day after boot camp with Danielle would be one where I couldn't sit in chairs, but I guess all the stretching paid off because I don't feel too bad!


2. I have fallen back in love with green tea lattes from Starbucks. I know that they are a totally frivolous purchase, but if I have to stick to one first world, white girl vice, this is it.


I'm a sucker for an extra scoop of matcha and sugar-free vanilla instead of classic syrup. Delicious!

3. I was nursing a wee bit of a hangover on Sunday, so I didn't feel like eating a single vegetable. Instead, I felt like experimenting with whatever the heck I was craving, which seemed to involve a lot of bananas.

First, I made these peanut butter banana soft cookie/muffin top things with ripe banana, peanut flour, cinnamon and protein powder. They actually came out really well and were especially delicious when eaten warm.

And yes, I reuse my parchment paper, which is why there are so many marks on it.

If you want a simple recipe, here it is:

Peanut Butter Banana Muffin Tops
(can double the recipe easily)

Ingredients:

- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tbs xylitol
- 1 tbs vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp banana extract (optional)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until muffin tops are slightly brown and cracked.


I also made some banana soft serve later because I felt like something cool and creamy. I added a bit of cinnamon and vanilla extract and it was gorgeous.


4. While I do love my job. Sometimes I feel like my work isn't really appreciated by the people of Kitchener. I have been told on more than one occasion that I am a "waste of taxpayers' money". Lovely! 

Anyway, on Friday I got a little sign that maybe some people do appreciate what I'm doing. I was talking to a homeowner at one of my site inspections. She was a very nice German lady and we were talking about our mutual passion for water conservation. As I was leaving, she bent down in her garden and pulled out a red rose. She insisted that I have it and said that it was the first bloom of the season.

How nice is that?? Day. Made.


5. I didn't get to celebrate with my dad on Father's Day, but I will be making it up to him in a few weeks and I did give him a call on Sunday. My dad is a huge support and we are so much alike in so many ways.

Lake Louise - July 2011
I can't wait to take off to Nepal with him where we will go on the father-daughter adventure of a lifetime! I love my dad :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

xoxo