Thursday 13 June 2013

I Like My Workouts Wet n' Wild

Let's just say that yesterday was not my day. At least, it didn't start out to be.

First of all, I left my iPhone at work on Wednesday and had to go 15 hours without it. Yes, these are first world problems, but you don't realize how tied to your smart phone you are until you don't have it.

Anyway, I had to use a different (read: sucky) alarm to wake me up yesterday morning and I ended up sleeping in by 2 hours. I freaked out, got to work as fast as I could and tried to get on with my day; which wasn't horrible, but wasn't awesome either. I had to deal with some rude people and the parking garage was giving me grief.

When I am not having the greatest day, I like to grab a Jones soda from the convenience store and read the underside of the cap. This is what it told me yesterday:


You know, I have been feeling more self-confident lately and it's nice to have it reiterated that I have a good reason to be self-confident.

However, all day I was looking forward to my after-work activity, which was boot camp with Danielle!! This girl teaches a killer boot camp, and I have been meaning to get to one of her "bring a friend" sessions, but this was the first one I was able to attend.

Well, if anyone in this area witnessed the weather yesterday, you would know that it was NOT ideal for an outdoor boot camp session. Good thing we're tough chicks who don't let a little rain slow us down ;)

So we worked out in the pouring rain and it was awesome. It was also brutal. Danielle does these combos where you have to alternate 1 minute of wall sits with 1 minute of plyometric squats and then she does a similar one with plyo lunges. By the end of the leg section, I was shaking... and then we ran stairs... and then we did upper body and cardio :)

I wrote this post when I got home, so I don't know how my "morning after" legs will be yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, it was so much fun and great to meet Danielle for the first time (but obviously not the last). Plus, now I can say that I did boot camp in a rain storm :)


After that, I had to come home and make a good dinner, but only after I changed out of my wet clothes (as Danielle insisted we would get chilled if we didn't; she takes good care of her boot campers).

As usual, I love a good peanut sauce stir-fry. I do have a few ingredient obsessions that need to be in there.

This broccoli slaw:


These noodles:



This tempeh on top (yummm):


And voila!


Before I went to bed, I obviously had to foam roll the crap out of my legs. I am really hoping for only mild pain this weekend. I would like to be able to walk up and down stairs, sit on toilet seats and dance a bit ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!


Have you ever done an intense workout in the rain?

How do you prevent next day muscle soreness?