Saturday 17 November 2012

New to This

Hey Everyone!

So I'm not really sure how to begin this. I am completely new to blogging, and frankly, I'm not a social media wizard. I've never even used a hashtag...

Anyway, my name is Devon and I'm a 21-year-old university student attempting to live life to it's fullest. I've always been obsessed with health, eating well and working out. My problem is that I have taken it too far to the point where it is not healthy anymore. I have struggled on and off with an eating disorder for the last 8 years and I am finally making the decision to come to terms with it. You can check out the full story on my "About Me" page.

I want this blog to be a tool to help me find a little more balance in my life. I'm hoping that by setting goals, talking about health and body image issues and chronicling my personal quest for balance, I can be more accountable and help others who may be striving to achieve the same things. I'm also hoping to post some recipes, health tips and product reviews once the blog gets going.

I was inspired to start this blog by some of the other healthy living bloggers out there who seem to be having a lot of fun with it. I can't even say how much I appreciate the ones who spoke openly about their struggles with eating disorders and how they overcame them. It made me see that I'm NOT alone, I DON'T need to live my life this way and I CAN make a change for the better. Girls like Sam, Chelsie, AmandaLisa and many others are great role models (and I just realized that I subconsciously chose all Canadian gals as examples, neat eh?) and reading their blogs gave me the courage to start my own blog. I hope one day I can have that kind of positive influence on someone.

Now once again, I'm new to this, so it might be a bit rocky at the start. Bear with me! Also, if anyone has ideas for posts that you would like to see, feel free to comment on the post or email me at healthinequilibrium1@gmail.com

I figure that I should finish off with something visual...


Does anyone else wish that they could just roll around in squash all day long once this time of year hits? I'm currently at my parents' house so my absolute favourite (buttercup, mmm...) is not present, but these guys are still pretty drool-worthy. By the way, I'm also using this blog as an exercise to improve my photography skills, so hopefully the pictures will get better!

Have a great day!