Friday 1 June 2012

June 1


Day 19 of my "diet."   Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

snack before exercise:  0.15 serving of housemate's smoothie.

breakfast, 10 am:  1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt. 

snack, 11 am:  1 lb carrots (wasn't hungry, just wanted to eat).

lunch, 1 pm:  Jamaican Jerk lentil burger and steamed asparagus; beet/apple/carrot juice; a few crackers (Mary's) and some hummus type thing, not very much.  at Manna cafe.

dinner, 7 pm:  big plate of greens topped with homemade soy yogurt; baked oriental yam.  at a pub-type restaurant.  I ordered the big plate of greens and brought the rest.  

dessert on drive home:  blueberries (brought from home).

Nutritional information:
Calories:  ???   the food I supplied had 890 calories.   the plate of greens was probably had 50 calories.  the crackers and hummus?   I was well-behaved here (good for me!).  maybe 100.  the vegan burger?  cronometer puts a vegetarian sandwich with mayo and veggies at 365.   the beet/apple/carrot juice, that could have been as much as 200 calories.     so maybe I had  ~1600 calories?   more than usual but okay with me.  

Weight:  127.6

Exercise:  ran 3 miles.  

Thoughts/notes:
  • I worked with colleagues in Milwaukee today, about 90 miles away.  The Manna cafe is pretty good and I'd eat there again, occasionally.  Interestingly, I got that familiar tiredness from the old days (pre-healthy eating) after I ate the vegan burger.   The "burger" part was pretty clean so I'm thinking it was the "whole wheat" bun.  Am I wheat sensitive????    I felt back to normal a couple of hours later; sort of.  I still feel a bit yucky in my stomach 10 hours laters.
  • dinner worked perfectly.  I knew a plain salad was all I would find on the menu and I asked for lots of greens piled on a plate.  They did it perfectly, really piled on the greens!  they added a little raw onion and tomato.  I added my soy yogurt and it was delicious.  And my baked yam was great.  that is a great thing to bring to restaurants to add to the salad and provide calories.