Saturday 9 June 2012

June 9


Day 27 of my "diet."   Here are my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 9 am: 0.1 serving of housemate's smoothie, fruit topped with homemade soy yogurt.  The fruit was strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and banana. Then I ate a bunch of grapes while prepping housemate's smoothie fruit for the week.   I probably ate 2 lbs in total.  Oh, and I ate 1 lb of carrots.  Then I  got a wee stomach ache and wasn't hungry for hours after that.  oops.

lunch after mountain biking, 3 pm: salad made from romaine lettuce, kale, baby bok choy (all local, yum), mushrooms, and seed mixture.  The kale, choy, and mushrooms were marinated in date vinegar.  wow, did those mushrooms taste good.  (they weren't cooked, oops).   The salad was topped with vinegar also right before eating.  I also had half of a large baked sweet potato (baked in the morning).  

dinner, 7 pm:  1/2 lb sugar snap peas, and the rest of the salad (a bigger portion than at lunch).   "Dessert" was orange remainders while making housemate's OJ.  I also had a couple of bites of guacamole that I made for housemate.  It turned out the avocados were bad so they weren't enjoyable bites!

Weight:  126.6

Exercise:  mountain bike 1 hour, hike 1.5 miles.

Thoughts/notes:
  • I definitely overate at breakfast.  I'm going to cut down on my fruit intake.  In fact, I think I eat too much fruit and raw veggies.  I'm going to add some grains in.  It will be a fun experiment.
  • I was going to eat some beans today but they had that distinctive smell that tells me I waited too long to eat them.   I'll make some more tomorrow.  The sugar snap peas are local and fresh so that's a good substitute.
  • my mountain bike ride was one of the most challenging I've been on.  It was almost too hard but not quite, so it makes me want to try it again and get better.  My brain worked harder than my body from all the concentration.  I fell twice and have two bruises to show for it.  I only rode for an hour. But of course, it was totally worth it and I look forward to trying it again.  and we had a beautiful hike in the woods before hand, and lunch afterwards.  a great day.