Friday 8 June 2012

June 8

Day 26 of my "diet."   Here are my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 8 am: 0.1 serving of housemate's smoothie, 1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt.  1/2 cup beans (before exercise).

lunch:  12:30-1:30 pm. cooked veggies:  as usual, I dry-fried the onion with the lid on so the juices wouldn't evaporate, added collard greens, some water as needed, mushrooms, cauliflower and spices:  garam masala, sweet curry powder and cinnamon to give it an "Indian" flavor.  I also had a small baked sweet potato.

dinner, 7-8 pm:  4 carrots (0.8 lb) 2 big handfuls of sugar snap peas (1/2 lb), big salad with lettuce, cabbage, date vinegar , seed mixture.
Dessert:  handful of fresh sweet cherries!  (1/4 lb)  and a few orange remainders while making housemate's OJ.

Weight:  126.6

Exercise:  mountain bike 1 hour, walk 2 miles, bike commute 7 miles.

Thoughts/notes:
  • today was "Camrock Friday": when weather, trail conditions and Friday morning are all in alignment, we head to Camrock park for mountain biking and walking.   it was wonderful.
  • food prep was quick and easy again. 
  • lunch was great. I think soy yogurt would be a great addition.  Once strawberry season ends, I'll start using the soy yogurt in other meals.  It will be fun coming up with a new breakfast theme.  I already have some ideas!