Thursday 7 June 2012

June 7


Day 25 of my "diet."   Here are my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 9 am: 0.1 serving of housemate's smoothie, 1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt. 

snack, 10 am:  nibbled on the veggies as I was preparing lunch.

unexpected feast at the mulberry tree on the bike path, 11 am.  I might have eaten 1/2-1 lb!   I also taste-tested several other trees and they weren't nearly as good.

lunch:  12:30 pm.  yum yum yum:  cooked veggies.  I thought if I add some chili powder and beans, I can call it chili!  I added some cumin too.  The veggies were onions (dried fried, then cook in their own liquid), mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower; added frozen sweet corn and beans and can of garden tomatoes at the end.  I gave a portion to housemate, and dumped the rest in a tall container (4 cup) to take to work.

dinner, 7-8 pm:  5 carrots (1 lb) 2 big handfuls of sugar snap peas (1/2 lb), big salad with lettuce, cabbage, date vinegar , seed mixture; and a few orange remainders while making housemate's OJ.

Weight:  127.0

Exercise:  swim 1 mile, bike commute 14 miles, walk 2 miles.

Thoughts/notes:
  • food prep is going quickly, maybe because I do it twice a day.  but it's short and sweet.  my meals are more varied than they were when I did all my food prep at night.  I am more satisfied this way.  This is how I like to do food prep and eat.