Tuesday 12 June 2012

June 12


Day 30 of my "diet."   Here are my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

Today's meals were haphazard due to squeezing in exercise, work, and family visit.  Therefore I am dubbing today, "Haphazard but healthy Tuesday".   It was a very easy food prep day.

pre-exercise snack, 8 am: 0.15 serving of housemate's smoothie, several handfuls of spinach and lettuce greens.

post-exercise snack, 11 am:  3 carrots, 2 handfuls of sugar snap peas

Lunch (breakfast?), 12:30 pm, my usual breakfast,  with the combo grains I mentioned yesterday, 1/2 lb strawberries, and a few spoonfuls of yogurt.   

snack, 3 pm:  some raw cabbage and celery.

Dinner, 5 pm:  I ate what housemate cooked for her the family visit, without the meatloaf and with my condiments.  That was: a small baked potato to which I added some beans, a few spoonfuls of soy yogurt and some fresh garden herbs (chives, cilantro, mint); some peas and corn, a salad of lettuce, tomato, mushroom, which I topped with ground flaxseed, chopped garden herbs, and d'angou pear vinegar.  I also ate a small portion of asparagus but saved most of it for the family.  Dessert was a small container of blackberries (6 oz) topped the rest of my soy yogurt (about 4.5 oz total) while the others ate cake and ice cream.  This meal was quite enjoyable and filling.

Snack, 9 pm:  some jicama, some more of the salad from dinner with the same toppings.

Weight:  126.2

Exercise:  26 mile bike ride.  I saw a deer and 2 does, who I chased for quite a while (not intentionally) because the grass by the bike path was tall; 3 wild turkeys; a big sea turtle; ducks and ducklings.  And this is a mostly-city ride.  It was a glorious day for riding.

Thoughts/notes:
  • great day, enjoyed all my meals, didn't spend much time in the kitchen except to do dishes after dinner.  
  • I had a 9 pm snack for 2 reasons:  I was hungry; and I won't be eating breakfast until 10:30 am tomorrow.
  • I asked housemate how to spell "doe" (above) and now we've been singing do-ray-me...haha, that's fun!
  • here's a preview of tomorrow's food:
  • best of all, this only took 10 minutes to prepare!  I'll be gone from 8 am until 9 pm and will get a few things to add to this at the co-op.  and it's all gonna be yummy!  stay tuned...