Monday 18 February 2013

Back At It!

Here I am! I'm back!

I had an insanely stressful couple of weeks. I have had school obligations, plus several emotional roller coasters to ride. I will spare you the details, but it has been a little rough.

Anyway, I just finished the last assignment I needed to hand in before the reading week break and does it ever feel good! I have missed posting, as well as reading everyone else's blogs. This has been a very positive outlet for me in the past few months, so when I don't have time for it, it takes a bit of a toll on me. Starting today, I will be posting regularly again as well as commenting on other blogs.

To be honest, I have taken very few pictures in the last week or two, so I actually don't have much to give you today. I will show you a few little tidbits anyway, as well as a teaser for tomorrow's post.


I made up little baggies of Valentine candy for all of my roommates [and ate the rest]. There has been some tension in my house lately (why did I think that living with 6 other women would present no problems?), so I thought it would be nice to put together something for all of them, including personalized, funny V-Day cards.


It probably comes as no surprise that my favourite V-Day candy is also my favourite Christmas candy and my favourite Halloween candy, only in a different colour. I had quite a few handfuls of these.


I have consumed an embarrassing amount of chocolate in the past few days. I justified it because it was for a blog review, but seriously, it was grotesque. Review coming soon though! 


I found this halfway through my note paper stack. It's from my best friend. I have no idea how long ago she left it, but it is always nice to know that you are loved.


This is my friend's CD that his band recently released. It is called Eliak and the Dream and their band is called Ptarmigan. I would recommend listening to a few of their tracks online. My friend has a beautiful voice and his music helped me to get through a pretty rough week. The original artwork on the cover is incredible too.


This is a sneak peek at a little baking experiment that I was very happy with. I have had far too many (read: not enough) of these babies already. I will be posting the recipe tomorrow, as well as a review of one of the key ingredients. You do not want to miss it :)

That's all for today!