Friday 22 February 2013

Things I'm Loving Lately

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips on yesterday's post. I think I will hold off on trying to make nut butter again for a little while, although I have to say that I have been enjoying my Fail Fudge immensely! Here are just a few other things that I have been enjoying lately.

Frank's Red Hot Thick:


I have always been a big fan of Frank's, but I had only ever tried the regular hot sauce. Well, this stuff blew my mind. It's like a cross between hot sauce and ketchup and it's delightful. I haven't tried it on eggs yet, but that will be my next mission.

Robyn Dell'Unto:


On Tuesday, I was going to go out with one of my best friends and he said that there was "some free show" at a local bar where he was going to meet some other friends of his. Well, I looked it up and found out that it was actually Robyn Dell'Unto, one of my favourite singers!! She is very successful, and I don't know how the show slid under the radar like it did, but it was almost completely unadvertised and nobody seemed to know about it! I managed to get some other friends out last minute and it was one of the best performances I've seen in a long time.

If you're not familiar with this girl, you need to be!!



Oh, and did I mention that she's adorable and hilarious and I have a huge girl crush on her? Oh yeah, and she "liked" my photo on instagram!! (Social media life complete)

Sushi:

Whenever I come home, my parents use it as an excuse to go to our favourite sushi restaurant and I can hardly complain. This place has the best quality sushi I have ever eaten!


Also, since we're regulars, the sushi chefs like to experiment and bring us free dishes that aren't on the menu.


Salads with everything under the sun:

I have been making gigantic salads every day since I've been home. My parents have so much good stuff to throw on them, I just can't resist! I've been topping them with sprouts, dressings, tapenades, relishes, hummus, feta cheese, fresh veggies and anything I can find that suits my fancy :)


I even threw some leftover sashimi from the aforementioned sushi dinner onto one of them.


Community:


A bit too much time off + Netflix = This ^^

I never watched this show when it first came out, but in the past few weeks, I have become completely addicted because it's amazing! I also have a huge crush on Abed, so that may play a role in it.

PB and Co. White Chocolate Wonderful:


I feel kind of bad because this was one of the Christmas gifts I got for my dad and I have been attacking it in the past few days. It's just so good! To be honest, I really prefer regular peanut butter to the sweet stuff, but I can't resist this stuff sometimes. It really is heavenly.

Leisurely breakfasts:

My morning routine usually consists of getting up, working out, showering and getting a head start on whatever I need to tackle for that day. However, for the past few days I have been resting more, eating whatever I like for breakfast whenever I want and relaxing all day.


Lately, my leisurely breakfasts have been full of tea and Greek yogurt and fruit with nut butter on top. 


It makes me happy :)

Good bread:

One of my biggest weaknesses in terms of food is fresh, hearty, seedy bread cut straight from the loaf. My dad bought some kind of spelt, sourdough, delicious bread recently and I have been enjoying it for days. Bread and I have always had a love-hate relationship; partly because it used to be a fear food and partly because regular, North American, supermarket bread doesn't really appeal to me. However, when it's bread this good, it is always greeted with love :)


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Anything you love lately?