Tuesday 12 February 2013

Product Review: NuNaturals

Hi Everyone,

I'm still incredibly swamped with school work, but I thought I would check in and post a review that I've been sitting on for a while. I love this stuff!

So, NuNaturals recently sent me some of their stevia products to try and I have to say that I love it! I got 5 different flavours of their liquid NuStevia drops plus their Prebiotic Blend and their White Stevia Powder packets.


My favourite product was definitely the flavoured liquid stevia drops. They come in Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, Chocolate and Vanilla. The flavours were all authentic and delicious and didn't leave the kind of after-taste that stevia products often do.


One of my favourite ways to use these is mixed with greek yogurt in varying combinations. My favourites are chocolate/peppermint (a bit like candy cane ice cream!), chocolate/orange and lemon/vanilla. Vanilla/orange is also very good, it tastes like a creamsicle to me :)


I also like to put a few drops of the lemon or the orange into sparkling water. It's citrusy and refreshing and it makes plain soda water a lot more interesting.

I also started using the orange flavour when I make pumpkin pie or carrot cake oats. Whenever my mum makes either of those desserts, she always puts in some orange zest so it brings me back to comforting memories of family events.

I really like the idea of prebiotic stevia too. I eat lots of fibre and I have been taking my delicious chocolate probiotics every day, but a little extra help in establishing healthy gut bacteria can't be a bad thing! I like to sprinkle this over my oat bran or put a little into black tea. It doesn't have a funny after-taste like some stevia products do, so I prefer it.


It is hard to say whether or not it actually helps with digestion since my diet it pretty conducive to that anyway, but hey, it can't hurt!

The last thing I tried was their 1 gram stevia powder packets. They are great to sweeten up oats or to carry around in your purse for lattes. While a lot of companies make stevia packets like these, I really prefer the NuNaturals kind because they don't have the strong, almost acidic taste that some stevia does. I don't know how they do it, but it tastes very smooth.


These can also be used for baking if you know how many to use. In fact, I recently used them in a healthy baking experiment.


While these muffin tops didn't come out the way I had hoped, so I won't be sharing the recipe, but the sweetness was just right and I attribute that to the stevia I used. I only had to use 2 packets in the entire recipe and it worked perfectly!

***

I would recommend NuNaturals to anyone who either already uses stevia or is looking to find a natural sugar alternative. It definitely beats other stevia products I have tried and I'm not just saying that because I am reviewing this particular brand. I certainly couldn't live without the flavoured drops, so I will be ordering those again as soon as I run out!

Have a good one :)

Have you ever tried NuNaturals?

Are you a fan of any other natural sweeteners that you could recommend?