Friday 1 February 2013

Weekend Musings...

Hello Everyone,

I couldn't think of anything specific to blog about today, so I thought I would just take the jumble of things that are in my head and spit them out on the page for you. Sound good?

1. I saw my bro's band play on Wednesday night and they were fantastic as per usual. I don't know how it's possible, but they get better and better every time I see them play. If you haven't checked out Inlet Sound yet, please do! You won't be disappointed!

These are the 3 permanent members; have had several Base players and drummers.
My Bro's on the left.

2. He also gave me a late birthday present (which his girlfriend admitted to picking out). Gotta love presents, especially when they include chocolate!


Yes, that's my dumbbell sitting in the background. I chose chocolate that day.

These things were decadent. The chocolate coating was nice and thick. And yes, they have been demolished.

He (she) also got me these beauties:



It was a very generous gift. I guess I need to download some new music (any suggestions??) and pick up some wine to set the listening mood ;) For those of you who don't know, LCBO is the name of all the liquor stores in Ontario.

3. I  used this dip mix yesterday.


This is one of my favourites. The taste reminds me of that french onion-flavoured Heluva Good dip that I used to eat when I was a kid. The package calls for you to mix it with 2 cups of sour cream. Instead, I mixed it with a 540 ml can of white beans and 1/3 cup of greek yogurt. Then I mixed it all up with a hand blender and it came out deeee-licious!


It is excellent stuffed in a red pepper, topped with salsa, with dip-able veggies or right off the spoon :)

4. I'm sore today. I think it's going to be a rest kind of day...

Maybe some yoga a little later, but nothing to strenuous. My muscles need the break.

5. I spent almost all of yesterday working on one project.

Really, this thing is killer. The longest part of the assignment is cutting and pasting air quality data into excel spreadsheets to find monthly averages and make it into graphs. That is daily readings from 38 years, 5 different pollutants and 2 different stations. Some of my spreadsheets have more than 13000 rows! So far it has taken me 15-20 hours and I'm still not done! Last night I worked from the early afternoon until almost 10pm before I just gave up and watched a chick movie on Netflix. I will finish it later!

6. I have been thinking very strongly about getting one of those Polar watches that everyone has these days. The two most popular ones I have seen are the Polar FT40 and the Polar FT60. They both seem to have similar functions, but the FT40 is cheaper. I don't need anything too fancy, so I am thinking of going with that one. Any advice from satisfied consumers out there?

It's pretty too!
What do you think?

7. Since most of my roommates are leaving the house next year, we had to find new tenants. My new roommates? Six 2nd year varsity swimmers; 5 male, 1 female. As a soon-to-be 5th year student, this could be interesting. They all seem really nice, so I'm not too worried. However, I fully expect invites to their varsity parties and swimming lessons... I dog-paddle...

Well that's it for me!

What's on your mind?

Have you ever tried Polar products?

Anything exciting going on this weekend?