Sunday 10 February 2013

What I'm eating these days


I'm in an enjoyable rut right now.  The oriental yams are really good right now and it's easy to prepare them (bake them).

My breakfast, this week anyway, consists of:   onions, mushrooms, greens, (1/3 cup) beans, (sliced baked) potato or (1/4 cup) oats, tomatoes and spices.  The spices vary from mexican to indian to italian.   It's like eating out at a restaurant to me.   Here was yesterday's.  This is just one of 3 bowls, ha, and no I didn't overeat.  I seasoned it with cumin and chipotle powder and a little lime juice and cilantro.

On weekdays, lunch and dinner are cooked veggies, baked oriental yam (or potato), and salad (lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper, chia seeds, balsamic vinegar).   Snacks are some raw carrots, jicama and celery.  If I'm hungry late in the evening, I'll have an apple or grapefruit.

On weekends I liked "potato fries" and veggies at least once:

For activity I'm trying to combine exercise with transportation.  It's a little hard in winter but I am walking more.  Taking the stairs at work is giving me at least 15 flights of stairs to climb on weekdays.  That wore me out last week.  Then I'm trying some aerobic and strength exercises in the morning.