Friday 8 February 2013

Five for Friday

So...

The next week is going to be brutal. I have a job interview, job applications due, readings, 2 major assignments and 3 midterms within the space of 4.5 hours (no, that is not a typo). If I am a little shoddy on the posting and commenting, that's why, but I can share some Friday facts today :)

1. Yesterday, I had my third OIAJ for this week! 3 OIAJ in 1 week = BEST WEEK EVER!


Jar was my roommate's, oats were mine, all mine :)


The multitude of good breakfasts definitely eased the pain of school work a bit.

2. Well, I did it. I hit a 7 minute plank!


My abs were burning afterwards, but I stuck it through. As awesome as I feel about it and want to keep it up, I think I am going to take a planking break, or at least a break from Extreme Planking (new TLC show?). My back has been giving me some grief lately and I think that holding planks for ridiculous lengths of time may be aggravating the problem.

3. I am actually kind of enjoying my failed muffin tops that I talked about on Wednesday. They are not as bad as I had originally thought and even taste kinda good to me now (or maybe my academic stress is starting to mess with my taste buds).


They definitely make good workout fuel and a great vehicle for peanut butter (you know, when I get sick of eating it right off the spoon, which is never!) I am going to make them again soon with a few tweaks and I will report back to you with results and a recipe :)

4. My body image has been totally bipolar lately, although sadly, it has been leaning more on the negative side. Some moments I will be almost in tears because my belt is so tight and I feel "fat" and the next day I will be giddy over how I actually have a bum!

I have been trying to look at the positive side of things. For example, I mentioned before that I have struggled with acne since I was about 12 (a little longer than I have struggled with my ED). I have tried every drug on the market (even the mildly dangerous ones) and every natural remedy too. I even cut out dairy for a year and a half because I thought it was making my acne worse and I still got terrible breakouts.

Well, low and behold, the missing ingredient seems to have been adequate nutrition! I don't want to jinx it, but my skin has been quite clear for over a month now and I feel like it is because I am eating more calories and more healthy fats than I have in years. I could still start to break out again, but I am hoping that by treating my body properly, it will reward me with nice skin :)

Despite my complexion triumphs, they haven't squashed a lot of my body insecurities. I know this is terrible, but I haven't been to hot yoga in weeks because I can't stand the thought of being in a room full of mirrors wearing tight yoga clothes after gaining weight. I definitely need to work on this issue, I miss yoga!

5. A lot of my workout clothes do feel tight right now and frankly, it makes me want to quit my workout and leave the gym when I don't feel comfortable in my own skin (which is totally counterproductive!). The solution? New workout clothes!

Yes, I finally decided to take the plunge and get a few new items that I could feel good in when working out. I apologize for the bad pictures, my room has terrible lighting.



Since Forever 21 has free shipping on orders over $60, I decided to treat myself to a few extra items too :)

Sparkly top for when I want to bust out some moves in da club :)
Still has the warehouse fold creases...

Cozy cardigan

This sweater was a bit too big, but it was the smallest size
so I assume it's supposed to fit this way. It's hard to see, but
it's sparkly too!

The big seller for me on this sweater was the back. I can't take pictures over my shoulder, but this is what it looks like:


I got 7 things for under $100! I love me a good bargain :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

I will be studying my little bum off. Although, don't worry, I will be knocking back a glass or two of wine too ;)

Anything fabulous about your week?