Saturday 5 May 2012

it's may already...


Well, hello friends. It's been a hot minute since I've blogged, and I've spent a bit of time considering my future [or lack thereof] in blogging. I started this blog in the middle of grad school while knee-deep in crazy intense research to help me keep in touch with the practical side of nutrition. 

I've always promised myself that I would continue blogging as long as it was still meaningful to me and other people, and I've found that it doesn't quite have the same significance as it once did. All that to say I'm currently debating whether or not the health nut shall continue. Or if it might take a different direction...thoughts? What do you like reading about?

Anyway, lots of things since I last posted. My sister had an amazing poetry reading in Bloomington, as she finished her MFA at Indiana University!



I was sick the whole weekend with the spring virus everyone seems to be passing around, but it was fun to hear Bethany's poetry and be in B-town. I was able to get rid of whatever I had sans any antibiotics, so maybe that was thanks to a hefty dose of wheat grass


Lately I've been gravitating toward super simple one-bowl meals, such as this quinoa/roasted beet/cuke/avocado combination. Really good with red wine vinegar on top. Sometimes it's really difficult not to fall into eating the same things all the time, but I'm excited that more produce is coming into season pretty soon. 


And...I'll be participating in a community garden plot for the first time! I'm only a 25% gardener, which is probably a good thing since I don't have a great history with gardening.

This was taken pre-tilling...lots and lots of weeds. With a couple hours of hard work, things were looking more like a garden plot. 


So much better...we shall see what grows here. 

And May is National Celiac Awareness Month, so hopefully I'll be posting some gluten free recipes. I experimented with GF granola bars, but they still need some tweaking before being shared. Kudos to those of you who eat GF all the time-it's tricky business!

Happy Weekend...